Tactical SD

Health News

Alarming surge in flu cases hits central US – CDC issues urgent warning!

Alarming surge in flu cases hits central US

United States: The cases linked in to respiratory illnesses are still on the rise across the United States, according to the latest data shared by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The major concern has been increased regarding the cases associated with flu cases.

According to the health reports, the activity linked to flu has been increasing in some regions of the country. However, it was also reported that the activity linked to COVID-19 and Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) has been declining.

Central States – a hub of states where flu activity is on the rise!

The reports by the federal health agency have mentioned that the test positivity of flu-linked cases has been declining across the United States, but the Central region of the US has witnessed an upsurge.

According to the weekly report by the CDC, the states that are experiencing increased cases of flu are Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, and Nebraska.

CDC underlined that a high level of Influenza B was discovered in the detections of Influenza B. In the weekly FluView, the health agency mentioned that during the regular weekly flu testing, 65.7 percent of the cases were of Influenza A and 34.3 percent were of Influenza B. Out of the total, the influenza A samples, 55 percent were of 2009 H1N1 and remaining 45 percent of H3N2.

An increase in flu-linked hospitalization?

According to the reports by the health agency, the outpatient visits of the patients experiencing flu-like symptoms were steady, along with the hospitalization rate – related to the flu-like infection.

Visual Representation for hospitals

It was further revealed that the highest level of hospitalization rate was reported among the older population of the United States.

What does the death rate of flu-like disease reveal?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has mentioned that the death rate related to flu-like infection has also remained stable. However, recently, the health agency has registered two pediatric flu-related deaths. The latest deaths have taken the count up to 93.

While elaborating on the cases, the health authorities have outlined that both deaths were reported during the first half of February, and Influenza B was responsible for both.

COVID-19 in the US and increased wastewater detections!

The data shared by the CDC has outlined that the indicators associated with COVID-19 infection have been witnessing a downward trend. The agencies have mentioned that the two most severe indicators, hospitalizations and deaths, have also declined by 10.3 percent and 8.7 percent, respectively.

Visual Representation for COVID-19 infection

However, the health authorities have also mentioned that another marker to detect the presence of SARS-CoV-2 virus – the virus responsible for COVID-19, is wastewater presence. It is to be noted that the highest detections are reported in Southern states, but the trend is declining. Along with this, the detections are steady in the Midwest, and other regions of the US have been witnessing a downward trend.

RSV activity across the US!

According to the reports by the CDC, the activity linked to RSV is also witnessing a downward trend in all parts of the country. Along with this, the hospitalizations have also been decreasing.

The latest figure from the CDC revealed that the test positivity for RSV was at 3.8 percent.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *